Tuesday 14 July 2020

Krishnagar girl scores 99.2 % in ICSE, becomes one of the top scorers across West Bengal














Krishnagar girl scores 99.2 % in ICSE, becomes one of the top scorers across West Bengal


 “I always thought of grabbing a spot in a select band of merit holders, but never thought of becoming one of the toppers in our state. I owe it to my parents, teachers, relatives and friends who have been my support systems all through.”    


                
 Biswabrata Goswami

 Hummingbird News




KRISHNAGAR, 13 JULY: Bringing laurels for Bengal, Sohini Halder, a student of Bishop Morrow School in Krishnagar, Nadia scored 99.2 percent marks in ICSE exam, becoming one of the top scorers across West Bengal.
She scored 496 out of 500 with full marks in English Literature, Mathematics, History-Civics, Geography, Physics, Biology and Computer Applications.
Daughter of teacher-parents, an elated and composed Sohini, said, “I always thought of grabbing a spot in a select band of merit holders, but never thought of becoming one of the toppers in our state. I owe it to my parents, teachers, relatives and friends who have been my support systems all through.”    
Sohini said she solved a lot of papers and that experience brought her success. She has never been to any coaching class as she solved previous year’s question papers consistently, which gave her confidence to fetch good results.

Her scores stood at 93 in English Language, 95 in Bengali, 98 in Chemistry and 100 each in English Literature, Mathematics, History and Civics, Geography, Physics, Biology and Computer Applications.

In West Bengal, 99.09 per cent of Class 10 students cleared the exam, while the pass percentage was 97.58 per cent for Class 12 students. Total 37,258 students from 382 ICSE schools took part in the ICSE examination, out of which 36,920 were successful. The CISCE said 25,058 students from 270 schools appeared in the ISC examination, of whom 24,453 were successful.
However, the board did not publish a merit list for the two exams because of the exceptional circumstances that saw both the ISC and ICSE examinations results being declared without pending examinations being held due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee congratulated the successful students.

“Congratulations to the batch of 2020 ICSE and ISC students successful this year. May the trauma you faced serve as a lesson for further success in your lives. Applaud teachers and parents for bearing with the situation. Do well. May all your dreams come true,” Banerjee tweeted.

While speaking to Hummingbird News, Sohini said, “I used to study for five to six hours every day and during the exam days, I never used to put pressure on me. I always focused on my self-studies besides private tuition.”

“I want to be an engineer in future because I love to read science. Beside my studies, I like to sing and read story books. I hide my story books under my bookshelf because I really like to read story books”, Sohini said.

Sohini’s father Susanta Halder, a teacher of Krishnagar Collegiate School said, “She has been a diligent student and her success speaks volumes of her sincerity and hard work”.

Her mother, Soma Halder, who is also a teacher of Aranghata Girls' High School, said, “I am very happy and I congratulate all who have helped her a lot in getting such a success in the exam”.   

3 comments: