Wednesday 15 July 2020

East Midnapore girl tops among girls in WBBSE, ranks third in the merit list, scores 98.57%







East Midnapore girl tops among girls in WBBSE, ranks third in the merit list, scores 98.57%


 “I want to pursue higher education with science. In future I want to be a psychologist. My favourite subject is biology while my parents are teachers of Geography subject”.


                      
               
Biswabrata Goswami

Hummingbird News



MIDNAPORE, 15 JULY: Bringing laurels for East Midnapore, Debasmita Mahapatra, a student of Bhabanichak High School in East Midnapore, scored 98.57% marks in West Bengal Board of Secondary Education (WBBSE), becoming top scorer among girls across West Bengal.

She scored 690 marks out of 700 and ranked third in the merit list published by the board today.
Daughter of teacher-parents, an elated and composed Debasmita said, “I always thought of grabbing a spot in a select band of merit holders, but never thought of becoming one of the toppers in our state. I owe it to my parents, teachers, relatives and friends who have been my support systems all through.”
Her scores stood at 99 in Bengali, 99 in English, 100 in Mathematics, 98 in Physical Science, 98 in Life Science, 97 in History and 99 in Geography.
While speaking to The Statesman, Debasmita said, “I used to study for seven to eight hours every day and during the exam days, I never used to put pressure on me. Basically, I used to read my books when I wished. There was no fixed time to read”.
She said, “I want to pursue higher education with science. In future I want to be a psychologist. My favourite subject is biology while my parents are teachers of Geography subject”.  
Debasmita studied in the school where her mother, Swapna Mahapatra is a Geography teacher. Her father, Debashis Mahapatra is also a Geography teacher of Banamalichatta High School.
“I had private tutors for all subjects except Geography. I used to study Geography at my parents. They helped me a lot to focus on my studies. Beside my studies, I like to read story books,” Debasmita said.
Her mother, Swapna Mahapatra said, “I am very happy and I congratulate all who have helped her a lot in getting such a success in the exam”.
Her father, Debashis Mahapatra said, “She was very sincere to her studies and her success speaks volumes of her sincerity and hard work”.
The former headmaster of Banamalichatta High School, Mahmud Hossain felicitated her and he said, “Debasmita is a very sincere student from childhood and we are all happy for her brilliant result. She has glorified the school as well as the district.”


East Midnapore district in south Bengal registered the highest pass percentage with 96.59%, followed by West Midnapore with 92.16% and Kolkata in the third place with 91.07%. Out of the 84 students who ranked between 1 and 10, none are from Kolkata-based schools.

With 86.34% declared pass, West Bengal Board recorded the highest pass percentage till date, in the Class X results declared on Wednesday.
Around 10.03 lakh students had appeared for the exam this year. In 2019, 86.07% of the students passed in the West Bengal board Class X examinations.
Toppers of the class X board examination in West Bengal have been advised by the board authorities to avoid felicitation programs due to the pandemic. 
“Those of you who have done well will receive many invitations to attend felicitation programs. This is a very joyful moment for you. But because of the Covid-19 pandemic and the ongoing crisis it is better to avoid such programs. Try to stay indoors as much as possible. Talk over phone and stay well,” said Kalyanmoy Ganguly, president of the West Bengal Board of Secondary Examination, which conducts the Madhyamik examination.

No comments:

Post a Comment