Sunday 12 July 2020

Ranaghat boy in Nadia emerges as one of the toppers in Bengal in ICSE, scores 99 percent








Ranaghat boy in Nadia emerges as one of the toppers in Bengal in ICSE, scores 99 percent 


Son of a reputed doctor of Ranaghat block rural hospital, Dr Sudipta Sarkar, Subhadip had been consistent in his studies throughout the year and he said, “I was confident of scoring above 95 per cent marks, but I was surprised at my 99 percent score”.  
            


Biswabrata Goswami

Hummingbird News




KRISHNAGAR, 12 JULY: Subhadip Sarkar, a student of Convent of Jesus and Mary, Ranaghat in Nadia, emerged as one of the top scorers in West Bengal with 99 percent.

Son of a reputed doctor of Ranaghat block rural hospital, Dr Sudipta Sarkar, Subhadip had been consistent in his studies throughout the year and he said, “I was confident of scoring above 95 per cent marks, but I was surprised at my 99 percent score”.                       
Students from West Bengal put up a good show in the ICSE (class X) and ISC (class XII) examinations, the results of which were announced on Friday by the Council for Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE).
In West Bengal, 99.09 per cent of Class X students cleared the exam, while the pass percentage was 97.58 per cent for Class XII students. Total 37,258 students from 382 ICSE schools took part in the ICSE examination, out of which 36,920 were successful. The CISCE said 25,058 students from 270 schools appeared in the ISC examination, of whom 24,453 were successful.

Subhadip has obtained – English Language-91, English Literature – 100, Bengali – 95, History and Civics – 100, Geography – 100, Mathematics – 100, Physics – 99, Chemistry – 99 Biology – 100 and Computer application – 100. He scored 495 out of 500.

Subhadip said he was thankful to his parents, family members, school teachers and private tutors who helped him to focus on his studies. “Even my school friends also motivated me to give attention to my studies. This is not my sole credit. Hard work of my teachers and parents also put forth to achieve my success”, he said.
Subhadip said, “I used to study for seven to eight hours during the exam days and otherwise I was regular in studies the whole year. I had private tutors for three subjects and they have helped me immensely in preparing best”.
He also said, “In the pre-board exam, I got around 94 %, but in the final I scored 99 %. This was my beyond expectation”.
However, he was satisfied with his score as he never took tension for the exams and prepared for it with his own pace.”

Besides his studies, Subhadip loves music and plays musical instrument synthesizer. “I prefer to study biological science and I want to be a doctor in future”, ecstatic Subhadip said.

His father Dr Sudipta Sarkar said, “I expected that he would do a good result. But, he will score 99 percent, I never imagined.”

Subhadip's mother, Sukla Sarkar, a housewife said, “I am very happy and I have asked him to keep his studies maintaining this level in future.”

2 comments:

  1. wow ! its really feel good for us when the topper holds rank in district level !!congratulations to him.

    ReplyDelete